We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information gathered from posting comments includes e-mail address and screen name.
Tracking information is automatically collected about all visitors to the Blockalive site. This information consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using “cookies.”
A cookie is a small data file containing information, such as a user’s login name, that is written to the user’s hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited.
- Keep track of advertisements
- Stop you seeing the same ad over and over again
- Show ads that are more relevant to you, using country and language preferences
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
- Enhance site performance and facilitate certain site features
You can control your browser’s settings regarding cookies by selecting “Internet Options” or “Preferences” in the menu bar of your browser. This will allow you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. If you are accessing the internet through an alternative method, such as a mobile application or third-party content distribution service, you understand that you may not have the ability to disable cookies, depending on the specific access method.
Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
- To enhance users’ experiences including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content; and
- To ensure the technical functioning of the Blockalive site.
Blockalive does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or nonaffiliated companies.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to martin(at)blockalive.com.
Updated on 24 May 2018.